第三部分 知识运用 （共三节， 满分25分）
第一节 完形填空 （共20小题；每题1.5分，满分30分）
I fell in love with Yosemite National Park the first time I saw it, when I was 13. My parents took us there for camping. On the way out, I asked them to wait while I ran up to E1 Capitan, a 41______ rock of 3,300 feet straight up. I touched that giant rock and knew 42_____ I wanted to climb it. That has been my life’s passion (钟爱) ever since--- 43______ the rocks and mountains of Yosemite. I’ve long made Yosemite my 44______.
About 15 years ago I started seeing a lot of 45______, like toilet paper, beer cans, and empty boxes, around the area. It’s 46______ me why visitors started respecting the place 47______ and treated such a beautiful home-like place this way.
I 48______ picking up trash (垃圾) myself, but the job was too big. I would 49______an hour or two on the job, only to find the area trashed all over again weeks later. Finally, I got so tired of it that I decided something 50_____ to change.
As a rock-climbing guide, I knew 51______about organizing any big event. But in 2004, together with some climbers, I set a date for a 52______. On that day, more than 300 people 53_____. Over three days we collected about 6,000 pounds of trash. It was amazing how much we were able to 54______. I couldn’t believe the 55______ we made ---the park looked clean!
Each year volunteers come for the cleanup from everywhere. In 2007 alone, 2,945 people picked up 42,330 pounds of trash and 56______ 132 miles of roadway.
I often hear people 57______ about their surroundings. If you are one of them, I would say the only way to change things is by 58______ rather than complaining. We need to teach by 59______. You can’t blame others 60______ you start with yourself.
41. A. distant B. huge C. narrow D. loose
42. A. immediately B. finally C. gradually D. recently
43. A. imagining B. painting C. describing D. climbing
44. A. garden B. home C. lab D. palace
45. A. material B. resources C. waste D. goods
46. A. beyond B. against C. over D. within
47. A. more B. most C. less D. least
48. A. recommended B. tried C. kept D. considered
49. A. kill B. save C. wait D. spend
50. A. expected B. tended C. had D. used
51. A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing
52. A. cleanup B. party C. picnic D. concert
53. A. dropped out B. showed up C. looked around D. called back
54. A. demand B. receive C. accomplish D. overcome
55. A. plan B. visit C. contact D. difference
56. A. crossed B. measured C. covered D. designed
57. A. talk B. complain C. argue D. quarrel
58. A. doing B. thinking C. questioning D. watching
59. A. method B. explanation C. example D. research
60. A. although B. if C. when D. useless
BADBC ACBDC DABCD CBACD